Leading transformation across the health and social care system to create a more integrated service, with fewer barriers and greater co-ordination between organisations, requires a mindset shift for our leaders. The Supporting Transformation programme is designed to support healthcare leaders grappling with how to successfully achieve these vast changes to the way we work.
Supporting Transformation Applications 19-20 Are Now Open !
Read more about the Supporting Transformation Programme - applications will close on 31st May 2019
To register your interest and to request an application form please visit the Supporting Transformation Application Portal page.
About the Programme
The HSJ award nominated Supporting Transformation Programme is returning for 19/20, with cohorts taking place in Nottingham, Derby and Leicester.
The programme will help develop existing skills, behaviours and knowledge to support transformation at every level of the healthcare system. It will focus on:
- Building shared understanding of issues across the region, and the reality of leading complex change
- Building individual resilience and personal effectiveness
- Creating shared purpose in your team
- Building strong relationships with communities, partners and other stakeholders at the macro level
- Building influencing and negotiation skills to drive change at the micro level
- Innovation and creative thinking – the way we’ve worked before may not apply in the future; how do we really embrace doing things differently?
The programme offers an intensive development opportunity across 5 days. This will enable participants to build strong and lasting relationships within their cohort, but also to share learning and gain wider understanding from across their system.
Outcomes for each of the learning days:
There will also be opportunities for peer coaching across the five programme days
Day 1. You as a leader
- Self -awareness and identity
- Understanding of psychological aspect of transitions
- Your values and leadership narrative
Day 2. Leading others
- Building relationships
- Resilient Leadership
Day 3. Change
- Context of change in the NHS
- Framework for change
- Understanding resistance to change
Day 4. Influencing for change
- Conflict; a useful model
Day 5. Sustainability
- Leading into the future
- Reflection and habit planning
Please note that aspects of the programme will be adapted based on the needs of individual cohorts.
Reflections on the programme
More than 250 delegates have experienced the programme and have described the initiative in the following ways:
“An invaluable course for anyone looking to enhance their skills”
“What seems like such a simple process takes true skill and confidence to make work. This is exactly what the programme brought.”
“In my time with the NHS I have attended more training events than I can count, but can honestly say that this was one of the best, it was relevant, up to date and very supportive.”
“It is a really positive course and the learning has stayed with me. In terms of the impact to my team, they were more assured and we seemed to be far more successful following my attendance. We were all undergoing a period of transition at the time so my learning from the course really helped us as a team a lot. From August I actually moved on to another role, and being able to do this was partly due to the increased confidence I gained from attending the programme.”
“I think it will help me to lead better; giving me tools to lead and the credibility to lead. In essence I hope it will support me in being a good leader. It also helped me to consider how I portray myself as well; the NHS is not always leading teams it is also about how you lead ideas and approaches”
“I can not speak highly enough of this course and have fed back to managers that it would be of great benefit to others within the organisation”
Taster days will be taking place in Nottingham and Leicester, for those who would like to gain a more in depth understanding of what the programme entails before deciding to apply.
Who is it for?
All colleagues who are currently looking to develop the skills needed to lead transformation and are able to demonstrate their commitiment to the programme and to all their selected cohort Nottingham, Derby or Leicester) programme dates.
- Taster Day - Nottingham - 13th May, 2019 - Trent Vineyard Conference Centre, Nottingham - to book a place on the taster click here
- Full programme and key application dates are available on the Application Portal Page