The Complete Leadership Series is a series of practical one-day workshops designed to support managers in the operational leadership and management aspects of their roles.
Aimed at staff at band 6 and above these workshops will provide skills in areas of budget management, communication, team development, leadership and commercial awareness. Delegates may choose up to a maximum of 4 workshops from the series to attend.
How many presentations do you sit through which are frankly, a little bit boring? Do you find yourself wishing you knew how to make your presentations interesting and compelling? Would you like to learn techniques which will guarantee that you will engage and influence your audience?
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- Increased their confidence in presenting to groups.
- The knowledge and skills to plan, structure and deliver a presentation effectively.
- Strategies in place for managing their nerves and for delivering a compelling performance.
- Practised speaking in front of the group - and given feedback to one another.
7th February, 2018 - Nottingham - Book your place
An Introduction to Project Management
A one-day non-accredited workshop introducing participants to the discipline of planning, organising and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
The workshop will cover:
- A basic over view of the principles and processes of project management from initiating to closing a project.
- An opportunity to view project management templates and understand when to use them.
- Scenario based exercises enabling you to have a go at managing a project using the principles and processes covered.
25th March, 2019 - Nottingham - Book your place
Relationships and Connectivity
This practical one day workshop will:
- Develop your skills and behavioural competencies
- Enable you to build trusting relationships and connect outside your own area of work
- Help you to creating connections with patient and public users.
- Focus on recognising and accepting difference
- Look at ways to improve your connections across the system
- Help you to influence and negotiate beyond your authority
- Better equip you to manage fear of conflict
15th January, 2019 - Book your place
Coaching Skills for Leaders
The role of coaching and individual coaches is increasingly featuring more prominently within NHS organisations, as an approach to enable organisations and its people to become more resilient, connected to the wider system and ‘change ready’. Coaching as a leadership style aims to use a questioning technique to release the potential of colleagues thus in turn allowing individuals, teams and organisations to reach further and continue to evolve; a coaching culture is one of limitless potential. Equipping leaders with the skills to coach rather than instruct will help to create cultures that encourage innovation, learning and a focus on the broader issues.
EMLA is excited to be delivering this 2 day non-residential workshops for leaders in member organisations to enhance the confidence and experience of participants enable them to champion coaching as a leadership style.
17th and 18th January, 2019 - Nottingham - Book your place
4th and 5th March, 2019 - Nottingham - Book your place
Balancing the Books
This one day workshop will cover the key essentials of budget management and control. It is designed for budget holders and for those who deputise for, or are likely to become budget holders in the future. No prior knowledge is assumed. Engaging practical exercises will be backed-up by simple theory to ensure all the basics are covered. This will be no nonsense, jargon free, introduction to financial management for non-financial managers.
5th February, 2010 - Nottingham - Book your place
Developing an Effective Business Case
This highly structured, hands-on, practical one day course will help participants understand how they can create a business case that is credible and compelling. The workshop will explore what key ingredients need to be incorporated to maximise the chances of it being authorised and initiated.
13th March, 2019 - Nottingham - Book your place
If you have any queries about the series, please contact the East Midlands Leadership Academy Team
Tel: 0115 748 4277 Email: email@example.com