With a growing population and people living longer often with long term conditions the demand on local health services is ever increasing. To meet this increased demand Primary Care Networks (PCNs) are to become the building blocks to every Integrated Care System (ICS) allowing community, mental health, social care, hospital and voluntary services to work together to enable greater personalised, coordinated and integrated health and social care. With change on this scale comes great leadership challenges. It is, therefore, vital that there is strong leadership at all levels to achieve the standard of care required.
As a Primary Care support partner, the NHS Leadership Academy and network of regional academies are working closely together to build the leadership and organisational development capacity and capability within Primary Care to support the NHS Long Term Plan ambition.
The list below outlines our East Midlands in development offer for primary care colleagues in 2019/20:
- Executive Coaching for senior Primary Care Leaders
- Bespoke Consultancy support and advice for Primary Care Networks
- Practice Manager Programme (Midlands wide)
- Next Generation GP Programme –
- Triumvirate Programme – a Leadership and Change Agent Development Programme that it brings together three different roles from a GP practice organisation, network or collaboration – Applications now open - Find out more
- Organisational Development Workshop for Primary Care Leaders
- Talent Management Self-Assessment and Tools – a support initiative
For more information on Primary Care support available in the East Midlands please contact:
Rachel Blunt, Associate Director: Rachel.email@example.com
Amy Tempest, Programme Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access the NHS Leadership Academy's Primary Care Leadership e-book