Supporting Transformation Programme (APPLICATION PORTAL)
Thursday, 30th May, 2019 5:00pm
Please note this page is an application window for the Supporting Transformation Programme, rather than an event in itself. Dates for the programme can be found below.
About the Programme
The HSJ award nominated Supporting Transformation Programme is returning for 19/20, with cohorts taking place in Nottingham, Derby and Leicester.
The programme will help develop existing skills, behaviours and knowledge to support transformation at every level of the healthcare system. It will focus on:
- Building shared understanding of issues across the region, and the reality of leading complex change
- Building individual resilience and personal effectiveness
- Creating shared purpose in your team
- Building strong relationships with communities, partners and other stakeholders at the macro level
- Building influencing and negotiation skills to drive change at the micro level
- Innovation and creative thinking – the way we’ve worked before may not apply in the future; how do we really embrace doing things differently?
The programme offers an intensive development opportunity across 5 days. This will enable participants to build strong and lasting relationships within their cohort, but also to share learning and gain wider understanding from across their system.
Outcomes for each of the learning days:
There will also be opportunities for peer coaching across the five programme days
Day 1. You as a leader
- Self -awareness and identity
- Understanding of psychological aspect of transitions
- Your values and leadership narrative
Day 2. Leading others
- Building relationships
- Resilient Leadership
Day 3. Change
- Context of change in the NHS
- Framework for change
- Understanding resistance to change
Day 4. Influencing for change
- Conflict; a useful model
Day 5. Sustainability
- Leading into the future
- Reflection and habit planning
Please note that aspects of the programme will be adapted based on the needs of individual cohorts.
Taster days will be taking place in Nottingham and Leicester, for those who would like to gain a more in depth understanding of what the programme entails before deciding to apply.
Who is it for?
All colleagues who are currently looking to develop the skills needed to lead transformation and are able to demonstrate their commitiment to the programme and to all the programme dates.
Nottingham - Trent Vineyard Conference Centre
- 25th July, 2019
- 20th August, 2019
- 2nd September, 2019
- 1st October, 2019
- 25th October, 2019
Derby - Derby Conference Centre
- 14th August, 2019
- 16th September, 2019
- 23rd October, 2019
- 18th November, 2019
- 10th December, 2019
Leicester - Beaumont Leys Education & Training Centre (NSPCC)
- 6th November, 2019
- 10th December, 2019
- 15th January, 2020
- 3rd February, 2020
- 2nd March, 2020
To apply for the Supporting Transformation Programme, please undertake the following steps:
- Follow the 'sign up for event' button at the top of this page to let us know you're interested.
- We will then email you an application form within one working week - please fill this out and return to us at email@example.com no later than 31st May, 2019. There are some bits for your sponsor/line manager to fill out too, so be sure to allow time for them to do this.
- We'll be in touch with the outcome of your application by Wednesday 10th June, 2019.