Coaching Career Conversations - CPD (FULL)
Friday, 14th June, 2019 9:30am to 4:30pm
This workshop is now full. Registrations are now for the waiting list only.
About the Workshop
The aim of the workshop is to equip experienced coaches with a range of additional tools, techniques and approaches to enhance their coaching overall, and in particular in the contexts of helping clients to take greater control of their own careers and self-development and helping managerial and team leading clients hold developmental conversations with direct reports. The workshop takes an evidence-based approach to coaching good practice and will include ample opportunities to practise and observe.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have insights into the drivers of careers and self-development and an enhanced toolkit for holding conversations about career and self-development issues as a coach.
The workshop will cover the following topics
- Career transitions (Career development, Career planning tools, Leadership pipeline, Triggers)
- Helping the client with their own career and self-development planning (Self-awareness, Work-life balance, Developmental, Performance, Networking and Support)
- Helping the client make complex decisions (Tools, Techniques, Self-limiting beliefs)
- Help the line manager become more effective at holding developmental conversations (Line Manager Vs Coaching career conversations,Coaching cultures)
- Having difficult conversations (Working with complex ethical dilemmas, General principles of difficult conversations, The coach as mediator of conflict, Internal politics)
- The impact of cognitive and socio-emotional maturity (Concept of coach maturity)
- Your own career self-management
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is a CPD opportunity for coaches who are registered on the East Midlands Leadership Academy Coach bank.
If you currently coach in the East Midlands and hold an EMCC/ILM5 or ILM7 coaching qualification and wish to join the EMLA coaching register to access this offer please contact the Programme Lead in the first instance.
This workshop is free to staff employed in NHS funded organisations within the East Midlands.
Our full cancellation terms and conditions have been outlined in our policy.
For further information please email EastMidlands.LeadershipAcademy@nottshc.nhs.uk or call 0115 748 4277 and ask to speak to the programme lead.