Visible Leaders' Network
Who is the Visible Leaders' Network for?
The Visible Leaders Network (VLN) is a network for Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) staff leaders and aspiring leaders. It is designed to support your personal progression to senior level roles within the NHS.
Why the VLN?
In response to the Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) individuals and senior leads are looking for practical ways to develop and support aspiring BME leaders with opportunities to access the NHS talent pipeline.
As a BME leader, your membership and active involvement in the VLN not only supports your own professional and personal development but also enables your NHS organisation to practically evidence their implementation of the WRES in addressing the under-representation of BME leaders at senior levels and directly enhance quality of care and outcomes for patients and service users.
What’s in it for me?
Focused opportunities to develop the skills to positively influence the change you want to see for BME people. To become a successful leader, networking is essential for creating personal and professional contacts to provide support, feedback and the resources that enable you to get things done.
The VLN offers:
- A ‘safe place’ for those key conversations
- A peer network community
- Opportunities to explore and develop the skills you need for progression
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Access to Senior Leaders for open discussions
- Tools to leverage Systemic change for BME people
- Topical leadership discussions
- Opportunities to shape the VLN development Programme
- Opportunities to influence the future talent pipeline
- Opportunities to make a positive difference to outcomes for Patients and Service delivery – ‘leave your mark!'
The Visible Leaders' Network is currently open for applications
Next Visible Leaders Network events
Please check back here for future dates
If you have any queries regarding the Visible Leaders’ Network please contact:
Lucy Titterton, Programme Coordinator
Phone: 0115 748 4277